What is A.P.C.?
Created by Jean Touitou in 1987, A.P.C. is a French clothing brand, authentic and accessible by way of its style, prices and philosophy. While A.P.C. first gained renown for its classic jeans in raw denim, the brand now offers a complete collection of men's and women's clothing and accessories that embodies a simple, casual elegance. Jean Touitou works with his wife, Judith Touitou, artistic director of A.P.C.
The vision of Jean Touitou
A.P.C. is above all a minimalist style. Jean Touitou assumes this absence of extravagance and this return to the essential: that is what makes the identity of A.P.C. Stylish and casual looks, inspired by everyday life. Jean Touitou always uses both classic and noble materials to offer quality pieces with timeless cuts,
What does A.P.C. mean?
A.P.C. literally means Production and Creation Workshop: the brand attaches equal importance to both. Without production, creation remains at the idea stage. And without creation, a garment will have no soul.
Where to find a A.P.C. Store?
The design studio and the workshop are based in Paris. Nonetheless, A.P.C. manifests an international orientation with 70 of its own stores, including ones in Paris, New York, L.A., London, Sydney, Hong Kong, Berlin and Tokyo. Find the A.P.C. store closest to you on our dedicated page.
A.P.C: history and evolution
A.P.C. is a brand that has evolved over the years without ever losing sight of its roots and its vision of fashion.
- 1987 A.P.C. is founded, with an initial collection simply called WINTER 87
- 1988 Launch of A.P.C.'s first Women's collection
- 1991 Opening of the first overseas store in Daikanyama, Tokyo
- 1993 Opening of the Mercer Street store in New York
- 1995 First catalogue orders
- 1997 Launch of the www.apc.fr website
- 2001 Renovation of the Paris Women's shop, rue de Fleurus, by the architect Laurent Deroo
- 2004 Opening of the Paris store in the Marais and the Berlin store in Mulackstrasse
- 2011 First A.P.C. quilts with Jessica Ogden. Opening of the rue Royale store in Paris, which houses the brand's archives
- 2012 Celebration of the brand's 25th anniversary
- 2013 New stores open in Paris, New York (Bond Street) and Berlin
- 2014 Expansion of A.P.C.'s famous line of raw denim with the introduction of stretch and stonewashed jeans. A store opens on Melrose Place, Los Angeles, followed by two others, Downtown and Silver Lake, in 2015
- 2015 A flagship store opens in Soho, London, and another on Redchurch Street
- 2016 First A.P.C. BAM BAM party in Paris during Women's Fashion Week
- 2017 Celebration of the brand's 30th anniversary. Official fashion show at the historic Paris headquarters. Publication of Transmission, a book retracing the first 30 years of A.P.C.
- 2018 A.P.C. is added to the fashion show calendar of the Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode
- 2019 Launch of Interactions. The first three collaborations are with Kid Cudi, Suzanne Koller and Brain Dead. Autumn/Winter 2019 fashion show at the historic headquarters, rue Madame, in Paris